1) I am still hearing that the Lakers are going to acquire the 3rd pick of the draft from Portland. The Blazers would get Caron Butler and the #10 pick and the Lakers would get #3 pick and Rueben Patterson.
2) The Blazers are involved in another rumor as well. The Celtics moving Pierce for the #3 pick and Damon Stoudamire. The Blazers/Lakers deal seems stonger.
3) The Knicks/ Phoenix trade is still active.
• Marvin Williams is the #1 or #2 pick of the draft
• Martel Webster continues to float from #8 to #13
• Nate Robinson looks more and more like a second round pick. However, there is talk about him in the late first round. He is being banded about from 25 to 50. Nate tested as the #1 physical athlete at the Chicago camp. He measured at 5’7. Universally, everyone in the NBA thinks he can play and will play. Maybe not a rotation player, but an impact player at times. Moreover, they think he will have a long career. Yet, teams are reluctant to pull the trigger. The Sonics are considering him at 25.
• Ronny Turiaf played very well in Chicago and measured well. He will be drafted and could be a high second rounder if someone takes a liking.
• Tre Simmons had a terrific camp in Chicago and has moved into the second round of the draft
• Will Conroy after a strong work out at the first camp was disappointing in Chicago and will be a free agent.
NBA DRAFT RISERS
A common theme here is high schoolers. The new collective bargaining agreement has a clause that lets you move players to the NBDL while retaining their rights. This increases the value of 2nd round picks and is making teams more willing to gamble on high school prospects.
1) High School product CJ Miles is on fire. He is being talked about in the top 20 of the draft. More likely the 6’6 shooting guard will be 20 to 30. He will be working out for the Sonics on Saturday.
2) High School product Andray Blatche, a 6’11 prospect, may have moved into the top 20. The word is he denied Boston a workout and the Celtics are sitting at #18
3) Luther Head may have worked himself into the first round of the draft with solid workouts.
4) The big mystery is still where has 7 foot high schooler Andrew Bynum been promised.
NBA DRAFT FADERS
1) Julius Hodge. Despite a great body and a versatile game his inability to shoot is really hurting his stock.
2) Joey Graham. He has a great body. One of the best ever. However, his disappearance in the NCAA tournament and lack luster workouts is a question.
3) Chris Taft. The Pittsburg power forward has slide more and more ever day. The Sonics will work him out on Saturday.
4) Kennedy Winston. Once a first rounder now is a 2nd round pick.