1) According to an NBA source, the Los Angeles Lakers have acquired the #3 pick of the draft from the Portland Trailblazers. The Lakers have also acquired Reuben Patterson in the deal. What is not clear is what Portland has received in exchange. It is expected that they would get the #10 pick plus a player from the Lakers. Portland is said to be very high on Martell Webster.
2) The word in NBA circles is that the Sonics will take Jarrett Jack at #25 if he is still on the board. It is not a promise but what one person in the league said the Sonics are Jack's backstop.
3) The Charlotte Bobcats have a promise for Charlie Villanueva at the #13 spot of the draft
4) The story talked about most of the day is that Knicks moving Kurt Thomas to the Suns for Q Richardson. This deal makes sense for the Suns since they need to move salary to re-sign Joe Johnson
5) Denver is looking to move one of their two first round picks if not both out of the first round.
PROMISES OR GUARANTEES
This is when an NBA team promises a player if they are avaliable that they will take him at the spot. These like all other promises are often broken but they make projecting the draft more interesting. These are all based upon scuttlebutt none are known.
1) Charlotte to Villanueva at 13
2) Clippers to Korolov at 12.
3) Sonics to Jack at 25. A very loose promise.
1) The top of the list right now is Joey Graham out of Oklahoma State
1. Monta Ellis a high school point guard
2. Danny Granger may go as high 4
3. Channing Frye has solidified himself as a top 10 pick