Tuesday, May 31, 2005

CAVS MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE

The world is currently revolving around Larry Brown and I think it is a joke. Let’s get one thing straight Larry Brown is the best coach in the NBA. If I was a new owner in the NBA the first thing I would do to rebuild my franchise is hire Larry Brown to coach my team. Herein lies the issue. The Cavaliers are hiring him to un a basketball operation. Honestly, I can’t think of anyone whose personality could be an worse for that job. Larry Brown is one of those coaches that at some point along the way hates all of his players and thinks none of them will ever get any better, it is how George Karl is it is how a lot of coaches are. It makes them terrible general managers.
It is completely out of my comprehension why people think a coach is also a good general manager or a good evaluator and projector of talent. They are two totally different jobs, they take two totally different make-ups and I am here to tell you that Cleveland is making a terrible mistake hiring Larry Brown to do anything other than coach.

No comments: